Tuesday, August 21, 2012

White Pizza

When I was younger pizza was all about cheese and tomato sauce. That's it. No variety. No crazy toppings. No choice of crusts. And I loved it! When I lost lots and lots of weight in a relatively short time some years ago, I got many compliments and some good-natured ribbing. Friends "worried" that I would waste away to nothing. My stock retort was "fear not - if you see that happening just shove some pizza in my face: problem solved!" I adore pizza. And I'm not a pizza snob either - I can totally get behind everything from wood-fired artisan pies to the English Muffin pizzas my Mom used to make on meatless Fridays. So it is nice to find a really, really tasty healthy version of my favorite dish. This one starts with a Thomas' Whole Wheat Pita Pocket. Turn the whole pocket upside down (the slightly concave shape will hold your toppings better). Brush with 1 Tablespoon of Pesto and sprinkle with fresh minced Garlic. Scatter 1/4 cup of Low-Fat or Fat-Free Ricotta in large spoonfuls over the entire pocket. Top with 1/4 cup of Organic Valley's Italian Cheese Blend. Broil for a minute or two until the cheeses melt and bubble. Indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment