Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hummus Platter

I am NOT a creature of habit. Left to my own devices I might wake at 6am or 10am. I could spend an hour in bed, watching tv or listening to the radio or I might hop immediately into the shower. Is this too much information? What I was trying to get at is that I like flexibility. Always have. I've never been one to do the same thing at the same time all the time. I like being able to open the fridge and whip up a meal based on what's in there and what is going on in my day. I like to be able to mix and match any meal at any time - breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. I can have Egg and Avocado Toasts for breakfast or dinner. A Yogurt Parfait can be an easy brunch or mid-afternoon snack. When I  get up late on Saturday I might have breakfast around 10, a quick lunch while I'm shopping, an early dinner and a late night snack. Work days I'm up and out early so I might grab a couple of Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins for the ride to work, have this Hummus Platter spread at my desk, add a snack to break up the afternoon and enjoy a quiet dinner after I wind down around 8. My fridge is always full of a few basic items (whole wheat pitas and english muffins, reduced fat cheeses, salad veggies and avocadoes, Applegate Farms' sausage, turkey bacon and ham, Morningstar's meatless meatballs and Boca's veggie burgers) while the cupboard always has a selection of nuts and dried fruits, some whole wheat pasta, olive oil packed Italian goodies. The basics: mix 'em up however it suits you. That's the 4-4-4 way!

No comments:

Post a Comment