Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What's Up With Washi?

I've been out of touch. Out of touch, that is, with Etsy. For awhile I was on there constantly. Maybe it's because of Pinterest. Maybe it's because I am trying to be fiscally conservative! No matter the reason I think I need to get back into it. If you are not familiar with Etsy - well come out from under your rock! I mean really - it has grown soooo much since my sister and I "discovered" it years ago while searching for outlets to market our crafty wares. There is so much about it I love. It is really beautifully designed, managing to be both minimalist and chock full of information all at the same time. It pioneered some brilliant little widgets that really serve web marketing well. And of course there is the wonderful collection of artists who have made Etsy their home. Check out a few of my favorites: for charming handcrafted party and paper goods (including a fine selection of Japanese Washi tape):  Back to Zero and Sunshine & Ravioli; for artisan-style jewelry there's Artisan Look and Lavender Cottage plus these shops, featured above, for fashion, home decor and fine art.

No comments:

Post a Comment