Monday, November 26, 2012

Egg in The Hole

Sometimes you gotta give in. Cravings, laziness, whatever it is. That's my philosophy anyway. Real life. It was going to be a day full of stuffing and gravy, potatoes and wine, so yeah, I could have had a yogurt for breakfast. I might have made myself a fruit plate. But I didn't. I had egg in the hole. This is a little preparation I first saw in the movie Moonstruck - Olympia Dukakis and Cher in the kitchen complaining, worrying, commiserating, reflecting on the good and the bad. The stuff of life. Ree, The Pioneer Woman, did a segment on her Food Network show and a taco version on her blog. I've even seen someone dare make this with red pepper rings instead of the bread. Oh come on! In my version there was Rosemary and Olive Oil Ciabatta. Put some butter in a fry pan, Add the hollowed out bread slice. Cook until just crisp but not brown. Flip the bread and crack the egg into the hollow. Add a few slices of ham or bacon to the pan to fry alongside. Once the white is mostly set flip the bread again and cook until the yolk is the firmness you desire. One pan, one complete breakfast served with a steaming cup of coffee and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on the iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment