Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ricotta Parfait

Ice cream? No. Whipped cream? No. Creme anglais? No. This little parfait is cheese. Yikes! But of course - sweet cheese...beautiful, creamy, fresh ricotta cheese. I buy the organic and - I admit it - the whole milk variety. It' s more calories but if you're a stickler for those kinds of things you can reduce the serving size a bit - it's totally worth it. You can even substitute farmer's cheese if you prefer. When I do that I add just a little honey. The recipe is simple: 1/3 cup of Ricotta or Farmer's Cheese, 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips, 1/4 cup of Dried Cranberries. Top with 1 tablespoon of Oat Bran, Wheat Germ or - because I never have those in the house - some Cheerioes! Make this parfait even more special by serving in an elegant brandy snifter and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment