Thursday, April 5, 2012

Font Project 1

Okay so there's no color here. And no, I'm not going to tell you that artisty/design schooly thing about white really being a combination of all color. That's crazy. But the sentiment here is a little bit about a colorful life. A guy I dallied with for awhile - a quirky guy who loved to talk - said something like this to me and it stuck. He was a computer geek who was making a living hopping boat to boat as a commercial fisherman in the Pacific Northwest. We emailed frantically for a few weeks - Graham loved words and wordplay and was - as you might expect - given to deep thought and introspection. This sentiment struck me as being one of those little gems that you could keep in mind as you go about your day-to-day life. I have a few of these. Another was something my Dad used to say about humility. Maybe I'll design a piece based on that too. Then I have one I like to quote about desire. What these little ditties all have in common is that they tend to humble you a bit. And that is NOT - in this brash, uncensored and outspoken world we live in - a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment